Project duration: July – September 2020
Regen is working with UK Research and Innovation, Innovate UK and the Energy Systems Catapult to explore how open data can enable greater innovation in local energy systems.
We will explore the opportunities for utilising data for local energy systems and identify the challenges that stakeholders have that could be met through data solutions. In doing so we hope to support innovation for net zero and investment in the green recovery.
Some of the ways in which we expect data could be better used are:
- Providing better energy advice for local people considering home asset investments
- Supporting developers of renewable generation to identify sites
- Providing services that facilitate bill reductions for the vulnerable
- Addressing network constraint management
- Choosing heating assets for new building developments
- Matching of energy supply and demand.
But we know there are many more use cases out there. So we will be asking local energy system stakeholders for their views. Watch this space for how you can get involved or get in touch with Tamar.