Electrical Engineer – Competitive Salary DOE – Edinburgh, Scotland
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team to support the delivery of our innovative energy storage projects. The successful candidate will be working as part of team, supporting a diverse range of projects which involve detailed design, grid connection, installation and commissioning to a high standard.
You will be carrying out electrical system design and support installation and commissioning of small to large scale energy storage systems. Each project will require detailed design in accordance with relevant standards and regulations. Hands-on ability and installation experience would be beneficial. We are looking for engineers who are willing to be future technology leaders and StorTera is an organization which trains and nurtures world class leaders.
The key responsibilities of an Electrical Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Design engineering, including electrical systems, wiring diagrams, electrical circuits etc.
- Preparing tenders for the supply of electrical products and services
- Being responsible for the project management of contracts and services
- Overseeing all engineering aspects of our projects on-site
- Managing on-site installation and commissioning works
- Controlling costs and meet project deadlines
- Problem-solving, and providing technical and hands on support
- Supporting the company’s business development proactively
StorTera is an Edinburgh-based energy storage solution provider. Our team of experienced and highly motivated individuals are working together to revolutionise the energy storage industry. Our vision is to make clean energy accessible to all.
While developing our innovative flow battery technology, we supply our flexible and economical solid LFP battery/inverter solution, the StorTower to communities, homes and businesses. We have also developed a portable battery backpack – the emergency energy supply unit – to support disaster relief efforts around the world and to bring power to remote or difficult to access locations.
The key skills and qualities of an Electrical Engineer:
- BSc or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Basic knowledge of energy storage and renewable energy; a working knowledge of instrument wiring and panel wiring; and a sound understanding of all kinds of industrial electrical and electronic equipment and instruments
- Domestic or industrial wiring experience, able to design electrical systems (including wiring diagrams), design simple electrical circuits and draw electrical diagrams and SLDs
- Strong organisation and time-management skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships easily
- Can demonstrate commitment to high standards, society and the environment
Engineers with 3 years+ experience in electrical design and installation of renewable energy/energy storage systems are preferred. Electrical engineers with a high level of hands-on experience are also encouraged to apply.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please apply here.