CfR is looking for 2 new people to join our team: a graduate Technical Engineer and an experienced Technical Manager. Key aspects of the roles are:
- Community solar farm technical performance monitoring and analysis
- Managing O&M and other operations contractors
- Reporting to community energy company boards and funders
- Management and development of CfR’s asset management data platforms
- Technical feasibility and development work on new subsidy-free community energy projects and innovations
- Supporting community energy financing work
CfR helps set up local energy enterprises and helps them develop, finance and manage their own renewable energy generation. CfR’s ‘Local Energy Collective’ of clients own nearly 50 megawatts of community solar across 7 diverse localities. They are all locally-governed not for profit enterprises operating for the benefit of their communities. Collectively they have raised £54million of capital (including over £11million from 1,600 community investors) and will generate around £20million of surplus income (after operating and finance costs) to support community initiatives in their localities over the next 25+ years. Each year they produce around 50,000 megawatt hours of electricity from the sun, equivalent to the consumption of 13,500 homes. This is a start, a seed, from which these enterprises can support the growth of local responses to the climate change emergency and an equitable transition to a local low carbon economy.
The roles are based at our offices in Scorrier (near Redruth), Cornwall, at the head of the Bissoe Trail and 10 minutes from Porthtowan beach.
For a job spec please get in touch with Jake: firstname.lastname@example.org