Location: Based in Teesside (Redcar) or Solihull.
The modelling analyst role is in the Modelling and Analytics team within the Trading and Optimisation function of Sembcorp. The right person will support the production of fundamental GB power price forecasting for the group. Providing valuable insights to the
business in terms of strategic appraisal, valuation of asset capability to asset optimisation. Additionally the role will include adhoc quantitative analysis and model development to support internal complex valuations. The right person will have an inquisitive nature, right first time approach and ideally have 2-3 years’ experience in a quantitative or analytical role within industry.
- The analyst will be part of the fundamental analysis team. Maintaining a central view of the GB market fundamentals for a variety of business applications.
- Providing fundamental price reports and forecasts, whilst maintaining quality, validation and assurance.
- The role holder should be comfortable in identifying and understanding risks and their drivers, and communicating these to the wider team and business.
- Provide support and underlying analysis in the development of strategic recommendations for the Sembcorp UK business based on world class modelling.
- Develop and maintain a repository of pricing information, reports and forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the wider Trading and Optimisation team to deliver optimal outcomes for Sembcorp.
- Perform adhoc quantitative analysis and model development to support trading and business decisions.
- Aid with modelling and analysis to support the impact assessment of potential policy or regulation changes on Sembcorp, its competitors and consumers.
- Development of Capacity Market auction strategies supporting rationale through presentation and documentation.
If you are interested in joining Sembcorp Energy UK, please email or send your CV and covering email to email@example.com