37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, £23k – £25k
1 year fixed term contract, with potential for extension to 3
Based in Ballard House, Central Plymouth
Are you passionate about tackling the climate emergency? Do you want to make a real difference?
Plymouth City Council’s Low Carbon City team are seeking a self-motivated, highly organised and dynamic individual to support its work in bringing forward projects to build a zero carbon future. We need an excellent team player to help us respond the climate emergency and work alongside others in tackling this issue. You will be supporting a team delivering a diverse range of innovative renewable generation, energy efficiency and fuel poverty projects with a primary focus on:
- Development of EV charging infrastructure throughout the city.
- Contributing to the delivery of the Council’s Climate Emergency Plan
As well as a keen interest in the above, you will need the following:
- An appropriate qualification in an environmental subject or demonstrable relevant experience
- A proven ability to develop and sustain good partner relationships
- Knowledge and passion about the issues surrounding the climate emergency
- Understanding of the issues facing local authorities
If you think that you can bring the required skills and commitment to this role, we would welcome your application.
- Closing date: Sunday 5th January 2020
- Interviews: w/c 13th January 2020