Pell Frischmann are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team and support the growth of the company’s environmental and energy related work.
A successful candidate would do this by galvanising the environment services team and co-ordinating the efficient application of our team’s resources. At the same time, ensuring quality delivery of environmental related contracts across the multiple offices of Pell Frischmann and its partner companies.
The role would involve co-ordination of the environment services team department heads across the offices; financial reporting, resource management, team mentoring, the provision of commercial and technical governance and strategic client management to ensure a pipeline of work continues to flow. This role involves working closely with the energy and environment sector director who has an outward facing, sector development role and the operations director responsible for the relevant profit centre.
We are looking for someone qualified to degree level or above within an environmental discipline, with the ability to run multiple projects or caseloads and work with multi-disciplinary teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- Operational experience of co-ordinating resources and reporting across multiple locations
- Demonstrable financial management experience and sound commercial acumen
- Strong leadership skills and the capability to build cohesive and well-integrated team
- Demonstrable experience of working for private and public sector developers and operators, on a range of development and infrastructure projects, with an appreciation of a range of technical environment matters
- Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system and consents processes, with experience of assembling Environmental Statements and reviewing specialist inputs, with practical experience of working on all stages of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement, able to input into bidding, design/optioneering, assessment, consenting and approvals during construction and delivery, with experience of managing budgets as part of EIA delivery.
- Energy literacy in relation to buildings or energy infrastructure
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with UK and international planning authorities and statutory consultees
- A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain
- Willingness to travel and take the initiative, with excellent interpersonal skills and remote line management experience.
This role will report to the operations director responsible for environment and work closely with the sector director for energy and environment.
The right person can be based in any of our UK offices.
Seniority Level: Director
Working Hours: Full time