Senior Manager, Regulatory Engagement (Maternity cover) – Europe
Sonnedix is looking for a maternity cover for the role of Regulatory Engagement Senior Manager. The post is temporary for an initial duration of eight months (with the opportunity to potentially extend the length of the contract).
The role, ideally starting on 1st December 2021, will initially be reporting directly to the General Counsel, and be responsible for supporting the implementation and achievement of the Group’s regulatory engagement strategies and objectives around the world.
Together with cross-functional partners and local Public Affairs Consultants (third parties) reporting to you, you will support remote cross-functional teams to deliver on the ground results and advance the strategic and commercial goals of the Group to outside stakeholders (including government agencies, trade associations and legislative bodies) – all with an aim to ensure that the Group’s global license to operate is protected.
You will focus on key global regulatory themes such as government subsidies and their frameworks (budgets, mechanisms, implementation, etc.), interconnection, permitting (including land use), access to materials, and other legal issues (e.g. tax, labour, HSE, ABC/AML) for which you will help implement, through consultation and collaboration with both leadership and the local cross-functional teams, the Group’s regulatory engagement and influencing strategy across our jurisdictions.
You will also deliver analysis regarding regulations’ impact on the business and provide policy, regulatory and commercial advisory support to the relevant functions to mitigate these impacts; take a proactive approach to engage with the regulators and our peers, whilst maintaining our standards of professional and ethical behaviours; lead research work on draft laws, bills, and policy positions (by Governments and peer companies and competitors) on our key areas around the world; and reviewing and drafting legal briefs, memos and other legal/policy documents.
– Degree educated or hold an equivalent qualification;
– Experience in senior strategic roles working in public affairs, regulatory or government liaison roles and/or experience of working with the mechanism of government agencies, trade associations and legislative bodies;
– Previous experience in the energy sector and knowledge of the underpinning market and regulatory framework of at least one country where Sonnedix operates (preferable)
– Proven ability to foster and maintain long-term relationships with senior clients and contacts and experience in successful pitching and negotiation;
– Leadership skills, with a track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams
Sonnedix welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and members of under-represented groups.
The work location would be where Sonnedix is active, preferably Italy, UK or France.