The Arnolfini, Bristol
Saturday 19 October
6pm – 10:30pm
The 2018 Community Energy Awards will take place at the Arnolfini in Bristol on the evening of 19 October as part of Green Great Britain Week, following on from a conference, The Energy Transition: Top Down v Grassroots hosted with Bristol City Council and Bristol Energy Network.
Community Energy England are inviting the community energy sector to a drinks reception and celebration at one of Bristol’s most inspiring venues.
Award categories include:
- Community Renewable Energy Project Award – The most outstanding renewable electricity generation project undertaken by a community group. Organisations nominated for this award must be members of Community Energy England or Community Energy Wales.
- Community Energy & Carbon Saving Award – The community group which has undertaken the most inspiring energy conservation and/or management project
- Local Authority Award – The Local Authority which has done most to help local community energy organisations through partnering, investing, policy or other support
- Collaboration Award (Sponsored by Power To Change) – The most commendable collaboration between community and commercial / public / third sector partners
- Community Energy Finance Award –The community group and/or its funders and advisers, which have achieved the most impact through a range of financial instruments/mechanisms, through grant funding, debt finance, community shares, funding platforms or new funding models
- Community Energy Champion – The individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the community energy sector over recent years
- Community Energy Young Champion – A new award for 2018 celebrating the increasing amount of creative, organised and motivated young people getting involved in community energy.
- Community Energy Photo Award – The original photo which best captures the essence of the community energy movement