Location: Yr Hen Lyfrgell, Working Street, The Hayes, Cardiff CF10 1BH
Date: 6 March 2019
The presentations from the day can be found below:
- Welcome and introduction – Jodie Giles
- Update on the Welsh Government Local Energy plans – Vicky Davies
- Western Isles Project – Peter Crone
- OpenLV: the power in your hands – Kate Royston
- Flexibility and OpenDSR: new roles for the community energy sector – Ben Aylott
- The transition from DNO to DSO – Sam Rossi Ashton
- Personalising Fuel Poverty – Clare Mains
As we head along the road to a smarter, more decentralised energy system, it is often easy to forget about the achievements and challenges that we have faced along the way. This event, held by Western Power Distribution and Regen, was all about celebrating those achievements and recognising their benefits and learnings as we continue to look to the future of innovation and collaboration.
We heard from community energy groups, like you, who have been through the trials and successes of recent projects and shared learning from their endeavours. We then asked what’s next? What does the future hold for community energy and how can we make the most of the opportunities that are available to us? We have seen new developments in electric vehicles, local supply, flexibility markets, and battery storage. All of these provide exciting opportunities for new knowledge, collaboration, innovation and greater engagement.
Community energy can play a fundamental role in our future decentralised energy system. These events are about getting inspired by other community groups, learning together, getting involved with the changes in our energy system and building new networks to help you achieve the goals you set out for your community energy groups.