22 April 2020
Our next electric vehicle and electricity system forum looked at the development and role of ultra-rapid charging hubs and the implications for the electricity network.
With a rapidly rising population of electric vehicles, ultra-rapid charging hubs providing power to private and fleet users are seen as critical to public confidence in switching to EVs. Emerging business models include grid-scale energy storage providing services to the electricity network, with anything from 4 to 24 ultra-rapid (150kW+) electric vehicle charging bays.
The webinar heard from industry leaders in ultra-rapid charging hubs and from electricity networks, discussing progress and examining the future for this growing infrastructure opportunity.
The panel included:
- Aaron Berry, deputy head, OLEV (energy and infrastructure)
- Tom Hurst, UK network development manager, Fastned
- Millie Pardoe, business development associate, Pivot Power
- Paul Jewell, DSO manager, Western Power Distribution
- Sarah Lane, investment manager, Zouk Capital
This event is run in partnership with Cenex