Tuesday 10 November
14:00 – 15:30
View the agenda here
What is the impact of the accelerated fossil fuel and hybrid vehicle sales ban on the electricity network?
This electric vehicle and electricity system forum looked at the latest changes to the ban on the sale of new Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) and hybrid cars and vans, and the implications for the electricity network. We questioned:
- How can the electricity system deliver on the updated ambition from government?
- What are the new uptake trajectories for EV numbers and charging infrastructure?
- What are the main electricity infrastructure barriers to uptake?
- Which market failures still need to be addressed?
The webinar heard from industry leaders in the EV sector debating progress and examining the future for this growing infrastructure opportunity, including:
- Paul van Heyningen, deputy director, net zero electricity networks, BEIS
- Sara Sloman, zero emission mobility, energy and infrastructure, Foot Anstey LLP
- Naomi Nye, EV sales manager UK, Alfen
- Peter White, DSO development engineer, Western Power Distribution
- Olly Frankland, project manager, Regen