2 March 2020
This is an ESN member event. please book online here
The markets and revenues working group looks at key market opportunities and new business models for storage, including future plans from the system operator and distribution system operators, existing and emerging markets and network charging reforms.
- Market update, Madeleine Greenhalgh, policy lead, Electricity Storage Network
- Madeleine will share insight from the ESN/ESO regular meetings and the latest information on relevant markets.
- Current and future markets for storage, LCP (speaker TBC)
- LCP will present insights from their latest paper “Is battery storage a good investment?”, leading us into the next discussion on how flexibility will be valued and deployed in a net zero world.
- Enabling a high renewable, net zero electricity system
- Following some context setting from LCP, this will be an opportunity to discuss the most recent call for evidence from BEIS which looks towards future markets for renewables and flexibility. Although primarily focussed around the Contracts for Difference scheme, this CfE is a broader opportunity to examine what markets for storage will look like in a net zero system and how they will interact with markets for renewables.
You can view the full agenda here.
You can view previous meeting notes in the members only area here.
This meeting is exclusively for the Electricity Storage Network members. If you are not currently a member of ESN but would like to find out more, contact Hannah Stanley firstname.lastname@example.org