Tuesday 7 May
10:00 – 15:00
Wales & West Utilities and Regen are working together to understand the future of gas and heat in the South West region. This event bought together key regional stakeholders to explore some of the major developments and growth areas facing the gas and heat sectors, including:
- Evolving domestic heating supply
- The development of distributed gas-fired power generation
- Green gas injection and usage
Regen has been developing future energy scenarios that will support Wales & West Utilities’ forecasting and investment for the future. We shared some of the key findings and draft results of this work and delegates input was used to inform the approach, assumptions and outcomes of the analysis.
This event is part of a series of engagement workshops that Regen are running in partnership with Wales & West Utilities.
Click to view the presentations below:
- Holding Slides
- Wales & West Utilities future network planning overview – Bethan Winter, system operations manager, Wales & West Utilities
- Regional scenarios methodology for gas and heat – Ray Arrell, senior project manager, Regen
- Draft results from scenario forecasting – Jonty Haynes, energy analyst, Regen