Tuesday 25 June
Principality Stadium, Cardiff
10:00 – 15:00
Wales & West Utilities and Regen are working together to understand the future of gas and heat in the South West and Wales regions.
The results of the South West phase of this work are soon to be completed and the project team will be starting the Wales phase of the project in June.
On the 25 June in Cardiff, Regen and Wales & West Utilities hosted a joint event to discuss some of the results seen from the South West phase, summarise the approach being taken towards future energy scenarios for heat and gas in Wales, and explore some of the major developments and growth areas facing the sector, including:
- Evolving domestic heating supply
- Commercial and industrial heat and gas usage
- The development of distributed gas-fired power generation
- Green gas injection and usage
Regen will be using the feedback gained at the workshop to develop future energy scenarios that will support Wales & West Utilities’ forecasting and investment planning for the future.
This event is part of a series of engagement workshops that Regen are running in partnership with Wales & West Utilities.
Click to view the presentations below:
- Holding Slides and welcome – Ray Arrell, senior project manager, Regen
- Wales & West Utilities future network planning overview – Bethan Winter, system operations manager, Wales & West Utilities
- Approach for scenarios forecasting and initial analysis for Wales – Jonty Haynes, energy analyst, Regen