22 September 2020
14:00 – 16:00
The launch of our new paper ‘Local leadership transforming our energy system’ highlighted the role of the UK’s cities and regions in driving the radical transformation of our energy system – and how this has been affected by the pandemic, budget deficits and the need for a green recovery.
With economic recovery at the forefront of the agenda, the paper calls for a major programme of devolution of powers and revenues from Whitehall to our cities and regions to lead innovative local action on energy that will put us on the path to zero carbon whilst driving jobs and investment.
The event heard from key policymakers and pioneering local leaders, who debated how we can unleash the power of cities and regions to lead the energy transformation from the ground up.
- Matthew Rhodes, chair, Energy Capital
- Sheryl French, programme director, Mobilising Action on Climate Change and Local Energy Investment at Cambridgeshire County Council
- Patrick Allcorn, head of local energy, department of business, energy and industrial strategy
- Steve Atkins, DSO transition manager, Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks
- Hazel Williams, head of delivery, Regen
The paper is the latest in our Decade to Make a Difference series and is sponsored by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks.
Download the publication
By submitting your email you agree to receive our monthly Market Insight Report newsletter.
Event in partnership with: