Thursday 9 September
14.00 – 15.15
As the electricity networks operators become smarter and more distributed energy resources (DERs) connect, the visibility and optimisation of assets becomes increasingly important. How are Distribution System Operators (DSOs) developing their data and systems to adapt? What is the impact of the new Smart Systems and Flexibility plan, Full Chain Flexibility programme and RIIO-ED2?
This webinar covered these questions and unpicked the issues, using the UK-Canada DEMOCRASI innovation project to ground the discussion, as a leading case study increasing DER visibility and creating new products for network operators.
In this session, we heard from leading aggregators, solutions providers, network operators, policy makers and regulators that are helping build the networks for the future.
We heard from:
- Russell Jenkins, Senior Policy Advisor, BEIS
- Peter Ewald, Project Technical Lead, Lakeland Holdings Ltd
- Kushal Shah, Product Manager, Opus One Solutions
- Mike Paul, Business Analyst, Kiwi Power
- Joshua Wong, Chief Executive Officer, Opus One Solutions
- Vince Kulchycki, Chief Operating Officer, Lakeland Holdings Ltd
- Thomas Jennings, Head of Optimisation, Kiwi Power
- Stuart Fowler, Innovation Engineer, Western Power Distribution