Wednesday 16 March
This year National Grid ESO has worked with stakeholders to explore the following questions relating to the recent target of a fully decarbonised power system by 2035:
- How does a flexible, low carbon energy system operate in 2035?
- What needs to be done, by whom and by when to enable the flexibility we need by 2035?
To answer these questions, we are delighted to be launching two insightful reports:
- A day in the life of 2035 – how a flexible, whole energy system operates and is resilient with a high level of renewable generation (produced in association with our partner, Regen).
- A flexibility timeline to 2035 – what milestones we need to hit and what actions we need to take to get a flexible, whole energy system in 2035.
Join us and our panel to discuss the key messages and questions arising from this year’s project.
Panel members will include:
- Laura Sandys (Chair of the UK Government’s Energy Digitalisation Taskforce)
- Johnny Gowdy (Director of Regen)
- Eleanor Wood (Deputy Director, Strategy and Decarbonisation, Ofgem)
- Matthew Wright (Head of Strategy and Regulation, National Grid ESO)
Thank you for signing up and we look forward to welcoming you to the launch of Bridging the Gap 2022.
When joining, please mute your mic and turn off your camera to avoid disruption.
Publication of the two reports will be on the morning of March 16th 2022. By signing up to this event you will be consenting to National Grid ESO emailing you a link to access the materials prior to the start of this webinar.