National Grid Net Zero Communities Forum
Thursday 21 September
14:00 – 16:00
Online – Zoom
Join us for our autumn online forum with National Grid (formerly WPD). This is for all individuals, community groups and local authorities involved in supporting their local area achieve net zero.
At this September event we will be focusing on planning permission for renewables, discussing the policy changes and consultations that have been held this year, particularly for onshore wind. Speakers include:
- Dan Stone, senior planner, Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Will Houghton, project developer, Bristol Energy Cooperative
- Rebecca Windemer, planning and communities lead, Regen
See links below for the guides that have been produced by Regen on behalf of National Grid. We will also cover broader issues with planning faced by community energy groups and what local authorities are doing in this space.
Over 2023 NGED and Regen have produced a number of guides on recent planning policy proposals and changes, these include:
- Briefing note: Developing Local Partnerships for Onshore Wind in England
- Briefing note: community benefits for transmission infrastructure
- Briefing note: planning reforms for onshore wind[PM1]
We hope you will join us. If you have any questions, please get in touch with Emma Madray at email@example.com.