Net Zero South Wales Cross-vector distribution future energy scenarios to 2050
Wales and West Utilities, Western Power Distribution and Regen have been working together to develop a set of integrated Distribution Future Energy Scenarios for the electricity and gas networks in South Wales.
This webinar presented the key learnings from the work and highlighted what the pathways may look like for reaching a zero carbon future in one region of the UK.
We talked with the network strategy teams at Western Power Distribution and Wales and West Utilities about the interaction of energy supply, demand and fuel usage on both networks as the energy system evolves and explored the impact of low carbon technologies.
The webinar also provided the opportunity for participants to pose questions about the findings and methodology and find out how future investments for the gas and electricity networks are influenced by scenarios modelling such as these.
The project is part of the innovative Zero2050 South Wales initiative led by National Grid to speed up the decarbonisation of South Wales ahead of the net zero targets in 2050 and provide a framework for other regions of England and Wales to meet the challenge.
- Learn more about the project or view the reports here
- View the event presentation here
- Watch the webinar back
- View the response to the webinar questions here
- Bethan Winter, systems operation manager, Wales & West Utilities
- Oli Spink, network strategy engineer, Western Power Distribution
- Poppy Maltby, senior project manager, Regen
- Ray Arrell, head of technical development, Regen
- Jonty Hayes, energy analyst, Regen