TLT LLP, London, EC2V 7JE
Tuesday 22 January
15.00 – 18.00
Ofgem is proposing far reaching changes on how we pay for the electricity network. Proposals to move to charges for demand customers based on a fixed fee and to cut embedded benefits for generators, have highly significant impacts on the business models for distributed generation and storage.
This event heard from Andrew Self, head of electricity network charging at Ofgem on their proposals in the Targeted Charging Review and the Charging Futures Forum. Leading industry players discussed the impacts and how we should respond to press for network charging to incentivise low carbon generation and flexibility in line with government policy and our legally binding commitments.
Presentations from the day:
- Andrew Self, head of electricity network charging, Ofgem
- Katherine Vinnicombe, senior investment manager, Foresight Group
- Chris Smith, head of renewable sales, SmartestEnergy
- Sarah Hitchcox, director of development, policy and commercial, Anesco
- Poppy Maltby, senior project manager, Regen