28 February – 29 February 2020
The Community Energy Spring Gathering is an open space event hosted by the Devon Community Energy Network, and open to any community energy group. This years two-day, fun filled residential will take place at the beautiful Dartington Estate and will include walks, talks, fantastic food and collaborative discussion themed around community energy. The event aspires to build a community of practitioners that support each other. By sharing our experiences, learning from each other and building mutual trust and understanding, we hope to gain valuable input and perspectives on the issues that matter to us.
Here are some of the topics we covered last year:
- Innovation: local supply and distribution, network innovation, renewable energy generation technologies, project economics and financing, how to raise £ millions, and a secondary market for solar
- Consolidation: education and schools, rooftop PV lease-busting, collective action and co-ordination, collective ownership of renewables, fuel poverty and energy advice services, managing your assets more effectively and avoiding risk.
Friday 28th February
- 9.00 Tea and Coffee
- 9.30 Welcome and introductions
- 10.00 Brainstorming to define areas of interest for open sessions
- 10.30 Open Session 1
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Open Session 2
- 14.30 Tea and Coffee
- 15.30 Open Session 3
- 17.00 Session ends
- 7pm dinner at Waterside Bistro in Totnes
It takes 45 minutes to walk there, bus leaves at 18.05, or taxi takes 10 minutes.
Saturday 29th February
- 10 – 12.00 Walk along the Dart to Totnes Weir Hydro for Tour