Wednesday 6 October
UK Power Networks launched its industry-leading new open data portal in an online event on 6 October.
We looked at how they are providing access to energy and network data to enable innovation, drive up performance and deliver benefits for customers. This is the first time any electricity network company has published data under a standard open data licence, with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) against every published dataset.
This is the next step in UK Power Networks’ Enabling Open Energy Data initiative in collaboration with ourselves, The Open Data Institute, ODI Leeds, and Opendatasoft. Together we are accelerating the delivery of open data services and supporting the energy sector work towards a net zero carbon future.
This session provided an update on the programme and what we have learnt from stakeholders to date as well as a demonstration of the portal, and the opportunity for you to help shape the future of the programme.
We were joined by:
- Matt Webb | head of enterprise data, UK Power Networks
- Tamar Bourne | head of smart energy, Regen
- Becky Flack | information & data solutions analyst, UK Power Networks
- Dave Young | information & data solutions manager, UK Power Networks
- Steve Mould | network data manager, UK Power Networks
- Yiu-Shing Pang | open data manager, UK Power Networks