Shaping a whole system service
Gas and electricity networks working together to support local authorities with investment and spatial planning.
On 18 May Regen and Energy Networks Association (ENA) looked at shaping how gas and electricity networks can work together to better support local authorities, regions, and governments with the delivery of spatial plans, investment, and decarbonisation.
The energy networks are looking to add value and save time for local authorities as they build towards a more prosperous and low carbon future. The webinar explored stakeholder appetite for a new ‘whole system’ process where local development and decarbonisation plans can be assessed jointly for their implications across the local energy infrastructure, helping identify issues and opportunities in these plans.
The webinar included speakers representing both gas and electricity networks and from a local authority on their experience of whole energy system working.
Due to the technical difficulties experienced during the event, we will be hosting another session on Friday 21 May for those who were unable to join. If you would like to join us for this, please book online here.
The recording for the session is here:
- Merlin Hyman, chief executive, Regen
- Andrew McMunnigall, planning lead – infrastructure coordination service, Greater London Authority
- Annie Truong, stakeholder engagement manager – RESO project, Coventry City Council
- Poppy Maltby, head of cities and regions, Regen
- Andrew Wainwright, business lead – Whole Energy System, National Grid ESO
- Stuart Easterbrook, future gas strategy manager, Cadent
- Oli Spink, network strategy engineer, WPD