We are very excited to be able to announce the finalists for the 16th annual Green Energy Awards.
The awards are a leading national celebration of the innovative technologies, pioneering companies and inspiring individuals shaking up the energy system.
More than 120 entries were submitted this year by companies and individuals across the UK for consideration in five categories:
- Clean energy system disruptor
- Clean energy pioneer
- Clean energy scheme
- Community energy initiative
- Local energy leadership
The shortlisted nominees will now go through to the final stage of judging, where an expert panel of independent judges will select the winners who will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony at Bath’s historic Assembly Rooms on 27 November 2019.
The awards ceremony will take place after Renewable Futures, which will feature a line-up of leading experts who will analyse the disruptive innovation shaking up the energy market and examine the strategies to adapt and create value in a rapidly changing market.
Merlin Hyman, chief executive, Regen, said: “We were excited to see so many strong nominations for the awards from inspiring people, great companies and pioneering projects at the forefront of the transformation to a zero-carbon energy system. The awards dinner is set to be an uplifting celebration of the extraordinary achievements of the sustainable energy sector.”
The judging panel comprises of:
- Lord Robin Teverson, member of the House of Lords
- Afsheen Kabir Rashid, founding director, chief executive officer, Repowering London
- Adriana Laguna, senior innovation strategy manager, UK Power Networks
- Philip Graham, chief executive, National Infrastructure Commission
- Phil Bazin, environment team lead, Triodos Bank.
A full list of the finalists can be found online here.