Project Duration: June 2014 – June 2017
The Community Energy Accelerator was a three-year project funded by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, aiming to speed up the delivery of community energy. Regen did this by running a network of over 250 community energy groups and providing one-on-one technical and engagement support to 32 communities. This project enabled community energy groups to share learning about innovative models, recognise and harness the resources they need, build partnerships, and engage the skills and commitment of their whole community.
Through the Community Energy Accelerator, Regen has:
- Provided over 500 hours of one-one project development support to 32 community energy groups
- Run a peer network of over 250 community energy groups
- Sent 125 news updates on funding, policy, and stories that affect the sector
- Delivered 38 training and networking events, with 3673 participants
- Developed and shared community guidance, toolkits and resources
- Facilitated partnerships between businesses, local authorities and communities
15 of the organisations we supported are based in Devon and you can read more about their work and impact in the Devon Community Energy Impact Report .
Led by: Jodie Giles
“This is a brilliant programme. Regen are superb at organising events that explore new ideas and bring like-minded people together, so vital in a growing voluntary sector like community energy where we are all learning as we go along. When we were starting up and had no money, they let us attend their events and draw on their expertise for free. Through the Accelerator programme, they are helping us plan our next set of projects.” Hugh Synge, Nadder Community Energy 23/2/17