The UK has set out clear ambitions for a net zero energy system. Critical to this challenge is ensuring that new generation and low carbon technology can connect to the grid quickly and easily, and at the capacity and volume needed to meet net zero.
In response to this challenge, Regen and the Electricity Storage Network (ESN) have set up a working group for members which provides an opportunity to discuss issues impacting access to the electricity grid, engaging closely with the network operators.
Topics covered by the group include:
- Commitments on connections under RIIO-ED2
- Ofgem’s Access and Forward-Looking Charges Review
- Connection codes and policies for energy storage (e.g. Engineering Recommendation P28)
- Interaction between distribution and transmission network
- Timescales for ANM connections
If you are a member of Regen or the ESN and would like to join this working group, please contact Estelle (email@example.com) to express your interest.
If you are not a member but are interested in finding out more about membership, please find more information here and contact Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Estelle (email@example.com) to discuss.