Project duration: ongoing
Regen’s solar developer forum brings together leading players in the sector with key policy makers and regulators to discuss how to enable large scale solar to become a successful and sustainable sector, playing a key role in the UK’s energy future and decarbonisation targets.
The forum sessions to date have included:
Regen also launched a report as part of the Solar Commission on 9 July, to stimulate new thinking and encourage collaboration between academics, industry and system operators on the role of solar power in the energy system. A copy of the report can be found here.
As post-subsidy solar and storage became a reality in 2019, the focus turned on how the industry could contribute most effectively to the overall UK energy system. The forum series restarted at this point to provide an opportunity to from leading developers and investors on the pipeline of projects coming through in 2020 and debate what is required to catalyse investment and enable the scale of development we will need.
Speakers in the series have so far included:
- Lily Coles, commercial sales director, Anesco Limited
- Biljana Stojkovska, innovation manager, power potential project Lead, National Grid ESO
- Ricardo Piñeiro, partner, Foresight Group
- Abid Kazim, managing director, NextEnergy Capital
- Toddington Harper, chief executive officer, GRIDSERVE
- David Peill, commercial director, BSR Group
- Eric Weemaels, technical acquisition manager, Foresight Group
- Paul Jewell, policy manager, Western Power Distribution
- Tom Palmer, principal consultant, Cornwall Insight
- Nicholas Gall, senior policy analyst, Solar Trade Association
- Alan John, partner, Osborne Clarke
The forum series is run in partnership with Osborne Clarke
If you are interested in finding out more about this work, please contact Kerry Hayes.