Project duration: July – September 2020
Regen is working with UK Research and Innovation and Energy Systems Catapult to explore how open data can enable greater innovation in local energy systems.
We will explore the opportunities for using data for local energy systems and identify the challenges that stakeholders have that could be met through data solutions. In doing so we hope to support innovation for net zero and investment in the green recovery.
Some of the ways in which we expect data could be better used are:
- Providing better energy advice for local people considering home asset investments
- Supporting developers of renewable generation to identify sites
- Providing services that facilitate bill reductions for the vulnerable
- Addressing network constraint management
- Choosing heating assets for new building developments
- Matching of energy supply and demand.
But we know there are many more use cases out there. So we asked stakeholders for their views through an online survey and two workshops. The findings will be reflected in the final outputs, due to be published at the end of September. The key findings will be shared in a webinar on 22 September, hosted by UK Research and Innovation. Find out more here.